|Job Title:||Back Counter Parts Person|
|Description:||An exciting new position is available in Galaxy Motors Colwood! If you are detailed orientated and are interested in a career in the automotive industry, we would like to hear from you.|
|Hours:||Full-time 40 hours/week|
|Wage:||Based on Experience (extended medical avail. after 3 months)|
As the Back Counter Person the main focus will be on helping and selling to our technicians. This includes making suggestions on additional parts needed for repair orders, quoting prices, and sourcing parts over the phone and online.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Back Counter Parts Person is responsible for the following:
- Assists technicians in selecting required parts, suggesting companion requirements, and ensuring technician is exposed to the full product line.
- Updates and up-sells technician on new products.
- Accurately prices parts and accessories using the proper pricing source and transfers the information to the proper document and computer system.
- Answers phone calls, internet requests and provides part and price information as requested.
- Notifies management of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Requests special order parts solicited by guest/technician and notifies when they have arrived.
- Pulls needed parts from stock and follows-up on back ordered parts.
- Assist in all other areas of the parts department, as needed
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
- Inventory Control/Maintenance – conducting regular inventory counts and reconciling with accounting department
- 2 yrs previous experience in parts department with automotive service industry
- Extensive knowledge of both import & domestic vehicles
- Ability to multi task in a high volume shop
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Be proficient in EXCEL (building spreadsheets)
- Shows initiative
- Familiar with Microsoft Office – Gmail, creating files/folders
- Knowledge of PBS operating system is an asset but not required
- Knowledge of parts suppliers
Please send resume and cover letter to Chris Chisholm, Service Manager at email@example.com.
No phone calls please