|Job Title:||Automotive Journeyman|
|Category:||49-3023.00 Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics|
|Description:||An exciting new position is available in Galaxy Motors Colwood! We are currently expanding our hours and are looking for a new technician for our team.|
|Wage:||Based on Experience (extended medical avail. after 3 months) |
“High Volume Shop” Flat Rate or Hourly – can be negotiated
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders efficiently.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles including flushes, oil changes, tires (mount & balance), brakes, tune ups, alignments etc.
- Provide labour (time) estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs, in a non-technical manner to advisors and or customers when asked
- Learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to keep up with rapidly changing automotive technology. (Extra diagnostic training courses are provided and mandatory for all Non-Red seal technicians)
- Inspect and test vehicles, record findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Properly log in and out of your work day, as well your current vehicles and assigned work
- Red Seal Journeyman
- 4 yrs previous experience in the automotive service industry
- Extensive knowledge of both import & domestic vehicles
- Ability to multi task in a high volume shop
- Dealership experience a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Must have a clean valid drivers licence
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge shop equipment & tools such as wheel & tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of PBS operating system is an asset but not required
Please send resume and cover letter to Chris Chisholm (firstname.lastname@example.org), Service Manager Colwood.
No phone calls please