Galaxy Motors has an immediate opening for a Back Counter Parts Person at our Victoria Dealership.
An exciting new position is available! We are currently expanding our hours and are looking for a new technician for our team.
|Hours:||Full time 40 hrs/week|
|Wage:||Based on experience (extended medical/dental avail. after 3 months)|
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders efficiently.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles including flushes, oil changes, tires (mount & balance), brakes, tune ups, etc.
- Provide labour (time) estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs, in a non-technical manner to advisors and or customers when asked
- Learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to keep up with rapidly changing automotive technology (extra diagnostic training courses are provided and mandatory for all Non- Red seal technicians).
- Inspect and test vehicles, record findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Properly log in and out of your work day, as well your current vehicles and assigned work
- Assists technicians in selecting required parts, suggesting companion requirements, and ensuring technician is exposed to the full product line.
- Updates and up-sells technician on new products.
- Accurately prices parts and accessories using the proper pricing source and transfers the information to the proper document and computer system.
- Answers phone calls, Internet requests and provides part and price information as requested.
- Notifies management of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Requests special order parts solicited by guest/technician and notifies when they have arrived.
- Pulls needed parts from stock and follows-up on back ordered parts.
- Assist in all other areas of the parts department, as needed
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
- Inventory Control/Maintenance – conducting regular inventory counts and reconciling with accounting department
- 2 yrs previous experience in the automotive service industry
- Extensive knowledge of both import & domestic vehicles
- Ability to multi task in a high volume shop
- Dealership experience a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Must have a clean valid drivers licence
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge shop equipment & tools such as wheel & tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of PBS operating system is an asset but not required
Please send resume and cover letter to Chris Chisholm, Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.